Saturday, August 23, 2008

Late late late

I have lived a charmed travel life. I have never had a flight cancelled. But tonight I struck Major Inconvenience Paydirt. I'm on my way from Portland to Delaware. No, not to congratulate Joe Biden, but to go to a very excellent christening of my dear friends daughter, celebrate turning 35, and sit on the beach and read about how to survive a zombie attack. The best laid plan, to take the red-eye from Portland via Denver to Philly. Denver was my downfall. The pilot had a family emergency and they scratched the trip around 12:30am. 2 and a half hours later, i am sitting in a very nice hotel room, drinking tea out of a paper cup. Most of the hotels in town are booked up, and as luck would have it, I'm in the same one with the Stonewall Democrats. When I was checking in, there were all these gay guys milling about in red white and blue and I'm not sure what I thought except that it gave pause. Now I'm waiting until 4 am mountain time when I will get back onto the airport shuttle and put my weary body on a plane to Detroit. And then to Philly. I'm going to try to sleep on the plane. Whimper.

1 comment:

Jen said...

such a bad friend - happy belated! - and i want all your zombie tips! xo