Sunday, August 17, 2008

There is an evangelical furor gripping Portland. Over biscuits. I have long thought it silly to get biscuits from a restaurant or a store because they are so clearly something one makes at home, preferably for a lover. But i may be a convert to these Pine State biscuits because they taste different than my Texas-style biscuits. And they are famous: Pine State was written up a few months ago in Esquire magazine as making one of the best sandwiches in America. Canup and I had to try it. The Reggie. Fried chicken, bacon, cheddar, and gravy on a cream-top buttermilk biscuit. Shayla had The Moneyball. Eggs and gravy over biscuits. I will not be hungry again for a week.

2 comments:

Jen said...

how dare you talk about biscuits when i'm stuck in ohio without breakfast! curses!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the bacon especially. It was half-baked, but still quite an addition to an excellent biscuit sando. Thanks for the good times!