Thursday, February 5, 2009

Kirk the Busker

So there's this busker who has a trumpet and a keyboard on a cart, and a bunch of odd little toys. Every afternoon at rush hour, he hauls his cart and a chair up to the western on-ramp to the Hawthorne Bridge and plays his songs. I can hear him from my desk up on the 16th floor and he always gets my attention when he bleats out the theme from Star Wars. I can't imagine that he rakes in too much because it is a busy on-ramp and he's rather busy playing. The cars go by pretty fast there. But whether it is for love or money, he is very consistent, and always decked out in a white suit. Sometimes mickey mouse ears. I did a little research and found out his name is Kirk Reeves. Anyways, I was at Safeway the other night buying groceries and he was ahead of me in line. He had on his suit and was still wheeling his cart of toys and instruments even though it was after 10pm. He was skimming the National Enquirer's article about the octuplet mom.

1 comment:

Kori said...

as promised . . .

I totally had a "blog-worthy" moment on my way out to Bagby hot springs (which didn't happen due to snowed in roads). At the ranger station in estacada, we met some hobbit like forest folks who had an interesting communication style and got a picture . . . made me want to start a blog . . .