Sunday, January 25, 2009

Purple Rhinestone Eagle




I was in Seattle this weekend to see the friends. I happily stumbled upon a flyer for a Purple Rhinestone Eagle show and was very pleased to convince pals to come along. Purple Rhinestone Eagle is a Portland band but last night they rocked the paint off the walls at The Wild Rose, a women's bar institution right in the middle of Capitol Hill. They make self-described "rock-n-roll-pyschedelic-garage-stoner fury." They are the antidote to Ani. They made me very happy and I bought the t-shirt and the CD. They make me want to hang out in a basement under a black light and practice pentatonic guitar scales. I can't believe I don't have a basement or a black light. What has become of me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi...I would like to get permission to use one of your photos from 2007 on a website..how can I get back to you?

tex clark said...

I steal all my photos, so I have no permission to give. but I salute your conscientious request.