Wednesday, May 27, 2009

7 miles in, 7 miles out.



Here's one way to attack a case of jet lag. I have friends from Ohio visiting me this week and though I was mildly delirious for the first 36 hours after getting home from Europe, when they said, "Let's go hiking," I said "Sure." And they packed me into the car along with some peanut butter sandwiches and off we went to the Gorge.

We ended up down at Eagle Creek, which Scott had heard about in a guidebook I think. Very spectacular hike and it so happens that the NY Times just wrote about it. Oh, and Scott did not tell me that we could have been killed. I guess that is a good thing because it would probably have been less fun if I was thinking about falling to my doom the whole time. Instead, I practically ran up and down the trail (not sure what got into me) but I did take time to admire the wild flowers and the many waterfalls along the way, including Tunnel Falls which we walked RIGHT under. Neat.


No comments: