Saturday, May 9, 2009

Last Day of the Sky Car

This is the view from my office window. As you can imagine, it was more awesome before they started building next door. But I have to admit that it is entertaining watching the workers build it everyday and to see the crane move around and all the busy hard-hatted high rise action.

Slowly but surely they are installing the windows and tomorrow they will probably put them on the 16th floor across from me. Even after the steel skeleton went up and the concrete floors were pumped in, I could still see the sky car ever so distantly through the space between the floors. The sky car is the tram that goes up the hill between the waterfront Oregon Health Sciences place and their facility way up the hill. When I get back from my trip, all the windows will be up.

Goodbye little tram. Nice knowing you, what, with my AD/HD and endless capacity for distraction by things like distant sky cars.

No comments: