Monday, November 5, 2007

I'm Not There

So a couple of days ago, as reported, i won a pass to see I'm Not There, the new Todd Haynes movie about Bob Dylan. What I didn't know was that it was a gala event with semi formal attire. So I get there in my i've-been-unpacking-and-am-going-to-a-movie-by-myself outfit and walked down the red carpet anyways, past the photo-graphers and searchlights (seriously). It was fundraiser for Outside/In, a homeless youth organization in town and a lot of the other folks there were $1000+ donors who didn't have to write a 100 word essay about their favorite Bob Dylan song.
Todd Haynes was there in the flesh to introduce his movie. Gus Van Sant walked right past me. (in jeans which made me feel better). And the movie was amazing, though I am biased because I am a Todd Haynes fanatic.

No comments: