Friday, November 9, 2007

Market Day

Ok I admit i have been a little negelctful this week in keeping you apprised of my doings. Rebecca just got back so, you know, there's been a lot going on and I can't very well bury my head in the laptop when there's so much unpacking to be done.

Last night I was supposed to go to another rock show for Eux Autres and I am still rather sad that I missed them. But I was having a lot of fun so c'est la vie. First we went to meet Amy Karol at a cool fabric store called Bolt, who just wrote a book about sewing which rebecca is getting into these days.

Then we went to the Alberta Neighboorhood co-op grocery and made several exciting purchases. Most notably, we bought revolutionary hot sauce sold and marketed by the Black Panther Party called Burn Baby Burn . Continuing in our power-to-the-people grocery excursion, we bought bread from an ex-con. More specifically we bought Dave's Killer Bread, which is made by a former meth-dealing gun-toting outlaw. We haven't tried the sauce yet but the bread is outstanding. I don't know who this is next to Dave the ex-con bread guy but i liked the picture.

No comments: