Monday, October 15, 2007

Smack in the Middle

I signed the lease on the new apartment tonight. It is so close. It is so tucked away. I am so excited to decorate such a spare and beautiful space. I'm working on a new aesthetic, people. Minimalism. Open space. Fewer things. Going through the process of clearing out the Glen Echo to be sold was very cathartic. All the sudden all sorts of stuff was put away in a storage locker and i didn't miss it at all. I only have a couple of suitcases worth of work and casual clothes here and its more than enough. When we unload those relo-cubes when Rebecca gets here, I'm looking forward to even more downsizing.
After getting the lease, I walked across the street and realized I am moving to the ground zero of old school Portland. The Goose Hollow Inn is a little tavern that has been there for over 40 years and is owned by Bud Clark (no relation), the former mayor of Portland from 1985 to 1992. In all seriousness, this is a picture of Bud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I just caught up on your adventures. What happened with bike breakdown? Did those little hipsters fix it yet? Do I need to come up there and give them the smack down?